Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Isaac!

I can't believe that our baby is one years old!  It just seems like yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital.  Although I still consider Isaac my baby, there is not much "baby" left in him!  He is very athletic and can run, walk up stairs (w/ support), kick balls, and climb onto furniture.  He has also taught himself how to use a fork and to put dirty diapers in the diaper geanie (along with mom's cell phone!)  That ornery little smile tells it all! He keeps me on my feet, but is also such a joyful addition to our family.  I can't imagine life without the little guy!



My parents drove down from Nebraska for the birthday weekend.  Unfortunately Isaac woke up Friday morning with a high fever.  We had to reschedule his party to Sunday since he was still not feeling very good by Saturday.

Isaac & Grandma resting

Poor guy!

Time w/ Papa Jones!



Smile birthday boy!


Isaac felt much better after his fever broke and tooth #7 broke through.  Julia and Jared decided that Isaac needed a monkey party to suite his personality.  Here are a few pictures of the party:








The banner had pictures taken each month.  He has changed so much!

Add caption



Isaac with "the guys!"





"This is for me? Are you serious!?"

"Why is everyone singing and looking at me funny?"



"Is there any more of this stuff?"

Big brother, Kai, loved the cupcakes also!

Obviously, Julia did also!



"Mom, why did you deny me this for a whole year?"

The pictures do not do Isaac's cake eating justice.  Here is a video to show him in action!






We are so thankful for each of our children's lives.  Although many days are exhausting and full of challenges, we praise the Lord for answering our prayers for a houseful of children!

No comments:

Post a Comment